1. We and our AD Partners use cookies to understand how you use our site, improve your experience and serve you personalized content and advertising. Learn how we use cookies in our cookie policy.By continuing to use this site, you accept these cookies. Learn More.

Why is there a ".fraudmetrixid" file in my file system? Android Question

Discussion in 'Android Forums' started by Android, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Android

Android Active Member

Why is there a ".fraudmetrixid" file in my file system? Android

2. Avatar

Advertisement

3. Joel Ennis

Joel Ennis Guest Guest Post

Did you recently download the DHGate app?

4. Katemeister

Katemeister Guest Guest Post

"Joel Ennis, post: 345689"]Did you recently download the DHGate app?[/QUOTE]

I know this is an old post but i recently came across this file myself. After a quick search i ended up here. The answer to your question in my case would be that yes, i did recently download DHGate. Can i ask what the file is for, why the criminal sounding name for it, and why does it appear in a seemingly random place?

5. Avatar

Advertisement

6. Fraaan

Fraaan Guest Guest Post

I know this is an old post but i recently came across this file myself. After a quick search i ended up here. The answer to your question in my case would be that yes, i did recently download DHGate. Can i ask what the file is for, why the criminal sounding name for it, and why does it appear in a seemingly random place?[/QUOTE]

Have exactly the same file and also downloaded DHGate...anyone have any insight into this?

7. Dre3yam

Dre3yam Guest Guest Post

Same thing happening to me, also led me here! What is fraudmetrixid and what's it for? Why is bit on my phone?

8. Guest

Guest Guest Guest Post

Ditto... searching the root of my phone I find 36 instances of this file. I actually just noticed this file, but I did have DHGate's app installed not too long ago. i have since uninstalled it though.

The 36 .fraudmetrixid files i currently see exist in multiple directories that have nothing to do with DHGate, which is slightly disturbing if the file is DHGate related.

If I come up with anything Ill try my best to remember to update this thread. ✌

9. Guest

Guest Guest Guest Post

10. Tetra

Tetra Guest Guest Post

Hi I have just noticed this file as well, literally just now and research brought me here. Whats weird is that I had an actual fraudulent occurence on my bank account. Some how some one accessed my account with a possible duplicate card and started withdrawing money, the bank recognized the weird activity , called me and blocked it on the 12th of this month. I did download the DHGate app. Hundreds of dollars was comig out from an ATM in NJ at some gas station, while I was home sleeping with my card in my possession. No one has ever had my card or pin number.. I filed a dispute, so that they may look into it further. But upon seeing this file today, i was a little curious, so i checked out the properties.

[​IMG]

lo and behold it was created a day before the fraudulent activity, and modified the day after.. Now i don't know if the modification has to do with me deleting it, I'm not saying it was this app, but i'm sure i was probably going through apps at that time to try and backtrack which app i last downloaded so that i can uninstall them.. It's just a lil suspicious, I just hope they catch whoever is behind it, and guys keep an eye out on your account or statements if you had downloaded that app. Now i have to wipe the whole phone.:(

11. Avatar

Advertisement